Friday, September 4, 2009

DELICIOUS BOOKMARKING

Took only a few minutes and then I had all the bookmarks into the delicious account and then back into my Firefox (where I have my bookmarks saved online anyways). I can understand how the tags would be helpful for quickly finding things if you had a lot of bookmarks. But I go in and clear mine out after awhile so they don't become so unwieldly. So i only have the most important ones that I use all the time. At the library I have 10 sites that I use all the time for research as tabs on the bookmark toolbar where they are readily accessible.
As I worked with the delicious account, everything was clear except how to keep my stuff private (even though I found directions for that, I couldn't find the right buttons to push to avoid sharing...). I think that enough of my stuff is too available to people online and some of the things I visit regularly shouldn't be out there for everyone to view! So I got paranoid and deleted my entire account after I set it up. Yep, I never thought I'd be an old fogey, but I guess my age is getting the better of me.....I guess I prefer the old fashioned bookmarks...sigh.

No comments: