I have a Pinterest account and still don't know what to do with it. After exploring this a little more this week, I discovered that this could be a type of obsessive activity in which I could become very involved. (I'd have to put the timer on!)
These are the first two sites that I looked at.
http://www.pinterest.com/nbplpins/
Newport Beach Public Library in California has 14 boards including one for events and then several boards related to books in various genres. I don't know if these were books that they had purchased as new acquisitions or just books of interest that were posted on those boards. This was not made clear. There were just pictures of the cover and a blurb description from the publishers in most cases.
http://www.pinterest.com/manhattanpl/
Manhattan Public Library in Kansas has 41 boards and is very creative with the content. Titles included: Library Love, We Geek Reading, staff picks and one for NANOWRIMO (a personal favorite!) I had lots of fun trolling around on this site and found some really great quotes to use for our signboard outside the library. A poster project for the TAB team!
I could tell that the staff at this library had a lot of my interests. It was fun to discover that I'm not the only library lady who is into Dr. Who and Harry Potter. I also appreciated the seasonal craft ideas and really enjoyed the creativity of the Altered Books board.
I guess I'm still concerned with the copyright issues regarding pinning items from other locations. I'm not sure what needs to be done in regards to giving proper credit to someone or another website?
Maybe when I retire (!) I'll have more time to play with this... either that or hire another teen to wait on customers so I can have more fun online...but I'd miss the in-person interaction with the patrons.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment